1. Kendriya Vidyalaya Bijapur was established in the year 1997 with make shift arrangement s for the classes in a modest building. Today she has progressed into leaps and bounds with rich infrastructure and beautiful ambience and carved a niche of her own as one of the premier institutes in the city in the field of education.
2. The Vidyalaya has classes from I to XII, with two sections up to class X and a single section for classes XI & XII offering science stream to the aspiring students.
3. There are many jewels to her one crown one such is Vidyalaya LIBRARY- a bower with rich collection of about 3000 books varying from mundane to sublime themes, periodicals, fiction, General Knowledge etc. a perfect repository of knowledge.
4. She also provides a galore of opportunities to the students in the field of their interest- may be sports and games, music, art, work experience other cultural activities.
5. Students are allowed to experiment and explore and learn by doing in our full-fledged laboratories.
6. One of our aims is to bring the latent talent of the students to surface, so we organize various co-curricular activities giving a wonderful platform to show case their talents. All the students are divided into four houses and the competitions are held at Inter- House level.
7. There are three functional clubs- Maths , Science, Eco, Readers and Integrity respectively. The students are divided according to their interest and are encouraged to present their talent in a creative way. The main purpose of these clubs is to sensitize and aware the students about the issues related to their club. Also to develop study skills, soft skills among them
8. Besides co-curricular activities, Olympiads, letter writing competition, poster making, inter-school debate several other competitions are organized in the Vidyalaya and a mass participation of the students is encouraged.
9. Serving the mankind is serving the God- to orient the students towards social service and volunteering the responsibilities at school and in the society, the Vidyalaya provides Cubs, Bulbuls, Scouts and Guides and an encouraging number of students have joined the movement.
10. The Vidyalaya has a beautiful garden and an appealing playground for the students, if the former creates conducive environment and the latter allures the students as they have help in mental and physical development of the students.
11. Education aims for the wellbeing of a student the Vidyalaya has initiated Adolescent Education Programme to help the youngsters to cope with stress and strain, grow into good and healthy young men and women. Our trained teachers will help the students to develop necessary life skills to make them confident enough to face the problems of their life with grit.
12. Academics are given top priority. Students are given necessary support to perform well in their studies. Remedial classes/ extra coaching classes are held since the beginning of the academic year to ensure quality result.
13. There are health check-ups, expert talks, celebration of national festivals, important days and other relevant days to develop patriotism, introduce them to Indian Culture, sense of responsibility and to groom them as global citizens.